With 30 years’ experience working in and managing business, Andrew Smyth is sought after by industry and commerce for his specialist knowledge in structuring, regulatory compliance and business succession planning and SMSFs. Andrew value adds to his clientele with his passion for technology and cybersecurity expertise. Recognised by industry for this expertise in this field, he regularly advises the legal profession and commercial clients on conducting business in the complex cyber world.
Andrew is the Managing Partner of the firm, and the partner in charge of the litigation section of the firm. He has practiced extensively in all areas of litigation, particularly commercial disputes, family law, and estate litigation.
He provides specialised assistance to commercial clients, business owners, and entrepreneurs, advising on and documenting arrangements for Asset Protection, Trusts, Estate Planning, Complex Wills, Superannuation and Instalment Warrants. He also advises both clients and members of the legal profession about the legal issues arising at the intersection between the Law and Information Technology.
Andrew is a co-author of the LexisNexis service Estate Planning.
He is admitted to the Supreme court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia.
- Estate Planning, Business Succession Planning chapter
Awards & Recognition
- Red Cross - Award for ongoing support of their will day program 2003 – 2013
- Television Education Network - Liability of SMSF Trustees
- Television Education Network - SMSF Administration 2019
- Smart Contracts Symposium 2019
- Television Education Network - SMSF Investing
- Television Education Network - Offers of Settlement 2019
Professional Organisations & Memberships
- Member - Queensland Law Society
- Member - Queensland Law Society's Litigation Rules Committee - a body which addresses issues arising with the operation of the Queensland Court process;
- Member - Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Member - Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia;
- Member - Australian Legal Practice Manager's Association (ALPMA)
- Justice of the Peace
|Area of Expertise|
|Bachelor of Laws|