Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Secure Jobs, Better Pay) Act 2022: What you need to know—now
13 March 2023 05:53
Do you need to know more about the new industrial relations landscape? Lawyers, company directors and managers within all types of organisations need to make changes – now and in the future. As a result, you will need to be well prepared to adapt your business policies and procedures to stay compliant as things change.
This new webinar from Practical Guidance explains the changes that have been made so far, and the changes that are yet to come, so you can feel comfortable when advising your clients, stakeholders and colleagues about how to stay on the right side of the law.
The two presenters are employment law experts: Michael Mead, Partner, Kingston Reid and Ellie Bassingthwaighte, Senior Legal Writer – Practical Guidance Employment, LexisNexis. They analyse, in depth, the various changes affecting both bargaining and workplace relations, as well as individual rights and entitlements. This includes:
- New restrictions on the use of fixed-term contracts
- The expansion of access to multi-employer bargaining
- Prohibitions on pay secrecy clauses will be covered in detail
- Expanded dispute resolution powers of the Fair Work Commission
- New civil penalty provisions which can attract significant fines for non-compliance