Robbie Sinclair is a Risk, Physical and Cyber Security, Business Continuity, Crisis Management, and Governance leader across multiple sectors.
Internationally respected and experienced leader, adviser, knowledge broker, and completer/finisher helping customers and colleagues manage novelty and the unexpected. Offers a world view mindset through a combination of global and domestic experience supported by extensive academic qualifications.
A formidable track record of applying creativity, innovation and practicality responding to complex and often wicked problems through harnessing team skills and intellect, creating growing and managing effective teams working through complex projects, and establishing enduring collaborative partnerships. He has delivered in corporate, government, tertiary education and not for profit sectors combining strategic vision with pragmatic operational know-how for sustainable results.
He is qualified in strategic risk and business continuity planning, business management, leadership, and security risk management. He is currently undertaking Doctoral studies in Risk Management. Robbie has a number of areas of expertise, including Risk Management, Business Continuity Management, Internal Audit, Corporate Governance and Ethical management, Project leadership, International and Domestic Security Intelligence, Counter Terrorism, and team dynamics management both locally and remotely.
He has served on several senior boards and committees in Public Sector and Private Institutions as well as NFP boards.
Robbie was General Editor of the Risk Management Today newsletter from 2015 to 2021.
- Keynote addresses on subjects including risk management, physical and cyber security, ethics and probity, Terrorism and Counter Terrorism
- Australian Catholic University: Develop course content and deliver “Psychology of Risk” graduate certificate program.
- Australian Risk Policy Institute - Fellow of the Institute, Board Secretary and Editor of Professional Journal
- Institute of Internal Auditors Australia – Professional member and Member of Education Committee
- International Standards Organisation: Member: (OB007) reviewing 31000:2009, Risk management – Principles and guidelines review panel
- Governance Institute of Australia - Advanced Risk Management Subject Advisory committee member, Risk management and Compliance Subject Advisory committee member
|Areas of expertise|
|Business Continuity Management|
|International and Domestic Security Intelligence|
|Team management both locally and remotely.|
|Served on numerous boards and committees in Public Sector and Private Institutions as well as NFP boards.|
|Master of Business Administration (Marketing and Human Resources), University of New England, NSW|
|Bachelor of Administrative Leadership, University of New England, NSW|
|Certified Protection Professional ASIS – CPP|
|Diploma Security and Risk Management – ASA|
|Diploma Investigative Methods – ASA|
|Certificate in Investigation Methods, University of Canberra – ACT|
|ICAC - Anti Corruption Executive Development Program ICAC & ANU|