Dr Robert (Bob) Austin
Robert (Bob) Austin held an academic position in the fields of equity and company law at the University of Sydney from 1969 to 1990, becoming Professor (1984) and Head of the Department of Law (1985). He has continued to teach, with emphasis in recent years on corporate takeovers, fundraising and corporate governance. He is Challis Lecturer in Corporate Law.
He was a partner with Minter Ellison from 1990 to 1998, in the M & A and corporate fields.
He was a member of the Takeovers Panel from 2001 to 2006. After serving as a Judge of the Supreme Court of New South Wales from 1998 to 2010, he has returned to full time legal practice with Minter Ellison.
His many publications include Ford's Principles of Corporations Law (with IM Ramsay); Austin, Ford and Ramsay, Company Directors: Principles of Law & Corporate Governance (2005); and Austin & Black's Annotations to the Corporations Act (with Hon Justice AJ Black).
Publications and Editorial Contacts
- Austin & Black's Annotated Corporations Act, Looseleaf Contact: LN LL Publishing
- Ford's Principles of Corporation Law, Looseleaf Contact: LN LL Publishing
- Ford's Principles of Corporations Law, 15th Edition & Ford's Principles of Corporations Law, 14th Edition, Contact: Academic Texts
- Australian Corporations Legislation 2013, Contact: Academic Texts
- Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance, Contact: Practitioner Texts
Minter Ellison Professional Profile
|Areas of expertise|
|Mergers and Acquisitions|
|Bachelor of Arts (Sydney)|
|Master of Laws (Hons I) (Sydney)|
|Doctor of Philosophy (Oxford)|
|Minter Ellison Lawyers|
|'Ford's Principles of Corporations Law, 15th Edition'|
|'Ford's Principles of Corporations Law - 14th Edition'|
|'Australian Corporations Legislation 2013'|
|'Company Directors: Principles of Law and Corporate Governance'|