Barrister (England and Wales) (non practising)
Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
David is an experienced legal practitioner, working as a Special Counsel in Thomson Geer's IP Technology and Regulatory team. David's areas of practice include telecommunications, privacy, competition and consumer, corporate and commercial and dispute resolution. In addition to practising law in Australia, David has also been called to the Bar of England and Wales.
- Contributing author to the Lexis Nexis publication Communications Law and Policy in Australia, having authored chapters on the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 and the Spam Act 2003.
- ACCC action against JJ Richards – a reminder for businesses to review standard form contracts for unfair terms – Thomson Geer blog post 25 October 2017
- Mandatory data retention obligations become law – some key points – Thomson Geer blog post 15 April 2015
Awards & Recognition
- Was part of the team at Herbert Geer that received the Communications industry's ACOMMS Award for Services to Industry Professional Services Excellence 2011
- Delivered training seminars to multiple clients on various aspects of privacy law, including compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles, mandatory data retention obligations for carriers and carriage service providers, and the mandatory data breach reporting regime.
|Areas of expertise|
|Competition and Consumer|
|Corporate and Commercial|
|LLB (Hons) (Lond)|
|Bar Vocational Course (England and Wales)|
|Barrister (England and Wales) (non practising)|
|Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria|
|Phone: 03 9641 8925|