Christine joined Robbins Watson Solicitors in 1997 and manages the firm's inheritance law division, representing clients in all matters across multiple jurisdictions. Christine's career foundations include litigation, commercial law, family law and wills and estate administration, but it was in 2004 that Christine decided to concentrate her practice on succession law.
Throughout her practice and expertise, Christine has been sought by numerous industry bodies to provide advice, guidance and seminar presentations — as an affiliate member of the Cemeteries and Crematorium Association, she participates regularly as guest speaker for its Queensland and New South Wales branches.
Christine's most recent appointment is that of co–general editor of the LexisNexis newsletter, Retirement and Estate Planning, a specialist publication providing succession lawyers the latest developments in all matters concerning retirement and estate planning. In her role, Christine drives the content development of the newsletter and acts as a chief participant and thought leader in informing and communicating the latest developments relevant to retirement and estate planning to the legal industry in Australia.
Christine is admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia.
Publications and Editorial Contacts
Awards & Recognition
- Queensland Law Society President's Medal 2013 Nominee.
- In 2009, the Queensland Law Society (QLS) appointed Christine an accredited specialist in succession law and inheritance law — the highest recognition by her peers of her advanced skills and expertise in succession law.
- First lawyer in Australia to be appointed affiliate member of the Australian Funeral Directors Association.
- In 2008, Christine was appointed an honorary member of the Cemeteries and Crematorium Association (NSW).
- Queensland Law Society — speaker and presenter: Speaker Profile
- Legalwise — speaker and presenter
- Business Development Officer on the STEP (Queensland) Committee, a prestigious organisation of professional trust and estate practitioners providing expert advice on compliance with complex laws surrounding trusts, estates and inheritance.
- QLS Succession Law Committee
- QLS Proctor Editorial Committee
- Gold Coast District Law Association — Member & Author
- Women Lawyers Association — Member & Mentor
- Queensland University of Technology — Mentor
- Womens Development Group — Member;
|Areas of expertise|
|Wills and estate planning|
|Statutory wills for incapacitated people|
|Administration of deceased estates|
|Disputes related to deceased estates, further and better provision disputes, dispute resolution between executors and beneficiaries, funeral disputes, substituted decision–making — powers of attorney, guardianship issues|
|Bachelor of Laws (QUT)|
|Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (QUT)|
|Commissioner for Declarations|
|TEP Accredited Specialist Succession Law (Qld)|
|Robbins Watson Solicitors|
|Robbins Watson Solicitors (Blog)|
|Queensland Law Society|