Carina Ford is recognised as one of Australia’s pre-eminent migration lawyers.
She established her own practice in 2004, having previously worked as an Associate at Gadens Lawyers, Melbourne. She has been a registered migration agent since 1998. She is a practicing lawyer and an Accredited Immigration and Administrative Law Specialist. She is a member of numerous legal boards and committees which can be seen below.
Awards & Recognition
- LIV Accredited Immigration and Administrative Law Specialist
- Winner of the 2017 Law Institute of Victoria Paul Baker Award in recognition to the outstanding contribution of an individual in the field of administrative or human rights law.
Public Speaking and Publications
- Presented at the Law Council of Australia Migration Conferences
- Co-teaches the Immigration Law for Lawyers course with the Migration Institute of Australia
- Presented at Leo Cussens Institute in Migration Law
- Presented at the NZAMI Conference on Immigration Law
- Appeared on behalf of the Law Council of Australia in various Migration Senate committees
- Presented various other seminars and webinars for various organisations
- Writes the Student visa section of Australian Immigration Law
|Areas of expertise|
|Professional Organisation and Membership|
|Vice Chair of the Migration Law Committee of the Law Council of Australia|
|Fellow of the Migration Institute of Australia (MIA)|
|Member of the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) Immigration and Administrative Law Specialisation Law Committees|
|Member of the LIV Migration Law Committee (of which she was also chairperson in 2009 and 2010)|
|Migration Institute of Australia Fellow Member|
|Member of the LIV Sports Law Committee from 2016|
|Member of the Hockey Victoria Tribunal|
|Tel (Work): 03 9396 0207|
|Tel (Main): 0416 137 066|