Adrian is a Principal Lawyer at the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). Prior to joining the ACCC in 2006, Adrian was employed as an Associate at Speed and Stracey Lawyers.
Adrian is currently the General Editor of the Competition and Consumer Law News and is a major contributor to various commentary, and practice and precedent titles of Halsbury's Laws of Australia. To date, Adrian has contributed to over 100 commentary, and practice and precedent titles in diverse areas of law.
Adrian has written a number of articles that have been published in various journals and bulletins, and he has also contributed to the LexisNexis Concise Australian Legal Dictionary (4th Edition).
Since 2004, Adrian has taught (and continues to teach) a range of subjects at a number of universities, including the University of New South Wales, Macquarie University, University of Western Sydney and University of Technology, Sydney. Adrian has also been a speaker at a number of national and international conferences on competition and consumer law.
Adrian has completed four university degrees, including a Master of Laws (Honours) at the University of Cambridge, England, and a Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Economics (First Class Honours) at Macquarie University.
Adrian has recently commenced a Doctor of Philosophy on cartel regulation at Australian National University.
Publications and Editorial Contacts
Competition and Consumer Law News, Newsletter contact: Newsletters
Awards & Recognition
- Dean's Award for overall academic excellence in Law (Ranked in the top 1% of Macquarie University Law students)
- Merit Certificate for overall academic excellence in Economics (Ranked in the top 1% of Macquarie University Economic students)
- Guest Speaker at the Faculty of Law, University of New South Wales, CLE on Competition Law Litigation
- Guest Speaker at the International Trade and Intellectual Property Court on Australian Consumer Law
- Guest Speaker at the Department of Business Law, University of Technology, Sydney on Australian Consumer LawGuest Speaker at the Faculty of Law, University of New South Wales, International Conference on Intellectual Property Law
- Law Society of New South Wales
|Areas of expertise|
|Australian Consumer Law|
|Equity, Trusts and Remedies|
|Doctor of Philosophy (ANU (candidate)|
|Master of Laws (Upper Second Class Honours) (Cambridge)|
|Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Economics (First Class Honours) (Macquarie)|
|Bachelor of Commerce (Macquarie)|
|Australian Competition and Consumer Commission|
|New South Wales Law Society|
Level 20, 175 Pitts St|
Sydney NSW 2000
|Tel: (02) 9230 9101|
Mob: 04327 042 770
Fax: (02) 9223 1092