Occupational Health and Safety Law New South Wales is a two volume loose-leaf service that provides extensive coverage of the legal framework for Work Health and Safety in NSW. This service, authored by former NSW Chief Industrial Magistrate, George Miller includes:
- A detailed introduction to the history of Occupational Health and Safety in NSW
- Detailed and expansive annotations of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
- Informative summaries of work health and safety decisions.
- Comprehensive practical and procedural guidance for practicioners, including the extraction of key provisions of the Industrial Relations Commission Rules 2009 and the Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 2005, as well as the inclusion of forms relevant to the practice area.
- Detailed commentary on the civil liabilities and common law duties placed on persons in control of a business or undertaking in relation to Occupational Health and Safety
- The inclusion of relevant Historical Provisions, such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2001, with detailed annotations.
- A list of available Industry Codes of Practice.
The service also extracts the following relevant legislation:
- Work Health and Safety (Mines and Petroleum Sites) Act 2013;
- Industrial Chemicals (Notification and Assessment) Act (Extracts);
- Industrial Relations Act 1996 (Extracts);
- Workplace Surveillance Act 2005;
- Workplace Surveillance Regulation 2012;
- Surveillance Devices Act 2007;
- Rural Workers Accommodation Act 1969 (Extracts);
- Rail Safety (Adoption of National Law) Act 2012 (Extracts);
- Rail Safety National Law (NSW) (Extracts).
This service is a valuable resource for legal practitioners, advocates and consultants, industrial and employer organisations and government departments working in working in Work Health and Safety in New South Wales.
This service is currently available in loose-leaf, online and on LexisNexis Red.
|Author||Miller, G A
|Subject Area||Industrial & Employment Law
|Updates||2 looseleaf volumes; approx 3-4 updates per year; charged annually.
|Publication Year ||1992
|Updates||Online; Updated as developments require.