This is the event of the year you cannot afford to miss!
Now in its 22nd year, the LexisNexis Credit Law conference brings together foremost representation from government, consumer bodies, legal and industry. Australia’s premier consumer credit forum will provide credit professionals with crucial highlights of the consumer credit landscape amidst opulence at the Hilton in the heart of Surfers Paradise.
This year, we present the long-awaited debate over the success of the NCCP, with candid answers from the Australian Treasury and balanced perspectives from consumer advocates, Ombudsmen and industry. Ensure your spot at the event and have your voice heard as part of the discussion.
Connect with the who’s who of the industry in our interactive agenda, designed to maximise your presence and enhance your network.
As an added incentive, each day will close with a lucky door prize, with the top prize (drawn on Day 2) being a delectable dinner and drinks package for two, redeemable at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Hilton Melbourne South Wharf or Hilton Sydney!
Ensure you reserve your place as seats are already filling up! We look forward to seeing you there!
To book your accomodation please click here for exclusive event rates:
Program at a glance
- Be prepared to comply with the new privacy principles and comprehensive credit reporting regime
- Receive guidance on how to conform to ASIC’s new advertising guidelines
- Hear illuminating insights on an economic and lending forecast from esteemed Equities Economist, Savanth Sebastian
- Discuss and discover what the market needs to do to grow in the next decade, in our Champagne open forum
- Be updated on the legislative landscape of credit law including the enhancement reforms and what aspects to focus on for Phase two
- Uncover how responsible lending is working in practice
- Hear how the NCCP reforms are playing out at the enforcement stage
Hear are what some of our past delegates have said about this event:
"The essential annual conference for consumer credit lawyers and compliance officers, all you need in one perfect package!!"
- Jon Denovan, Senior Banking Partner, Gadens Lawyers and 2009 Credit Law delegate
"The best ever credit law conference due to substance + breadth of material and quality of speakers"
- Andrew Bretherton, Partner, Norton Rose and 2009 Credit Law delegate
"Content of the conference was excellent, with speakers presenting in a high quality manner."
- Shawn Anderson, Loans Manager, QLD Country Credit Union
“This is the best consumer credit conference in Australia and the only one I attend regularly”
- 18th Annual Credit Law Conference delegate (2008)
“THE credit law conference of the year”
- Mark Kerr, HSBC Bank of Australia & 2008 Credit Law delegate
“A conference that has been added to my MUST ATTEND list”
- Calvert Duffy - MFAA & 2008 Credit Law delegate
Who should attend?
Lawyers specialising in financial services, banking and consumer credit
- Corporate lawyers and legal counsel from the banking and finance industry
- Consumer advocates
- Compliance managers and executives
- Loan managers
- Finance companies
- Credit unions
- Friendly societies
- Mortgage originators
- Finance brokers and other consumer credit providers
You will be in good company
- Australian Securities & Investments Commission
- Australian Treasury
- Aussie Home Loans
- Bank of Western Australia
- Blake Dawson
- Commonwealth Bank
- Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- Defence Force Credit Union Limited
- DibbsBarker Lawyers
- Federal Magistrates Court
- Financial Ombudsman Service Limited
- Flexigroup Ltd
- GE Capital
- HSBC Bank Australia Limited
- HWL Ebsworth Lawyers
- ING Bank Australia Limited
- King & Wood Mallesons
- La Trobe Financial Services
- Langes + Lawyers
- Mallesons Stephens Jaques
- Mortgage & Finance Association Of Australia
- National Australia Bank
- Retailease Pty Ltd
- RHG Homeloans
- University Of Newcastle
- Westpac Group
- Yamaha Motor Finance
Daily Bulletins 2011
Day 1 Day 2 Day 3
Click here to access YouTube video
2011 Photo Slideshow
Coming soon but if you have a Facebook account click here!
Other LexisNexis Publications: