Mr. Wang is a partner of Zhong Lun Law Firm of the PRC since August 2014. He is admitted in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Australia.
Before joining Zhong Lun Law Firm, he had worked with Allens in Shanghai and Hong Kong as a senior associate / senior consultant in Feb 2006 – July 2014. During such period, he was a key member of the “China desk” of Allens and advised many Australian companies on doing business in China.
He specializes in cross border M&A and investment, general corporate, personal data protection and cyber security.
He has acted for international companies from various industries, including TMT, finance, medical / healthcare, and energy / resource.
He has advised hundreds of Australian companies on investment in the PRC or on trading / financing transactions involving PRC legal or regulatory issues.
He understands the needs of Australian clients and can guide them through the complex PRC legal issues using clear, concise and to the point English language. He thinks thoroughly and delivers practical and efficient solutions.
Awards & Recognition
- Asia Law Profiles (2022) – Notable practitioner of the PRC (M&A, Banking & Finance)
- Legal 500 (2019, 2021 & 2022) - Specially Recommended Lawyer of the PRC
- International Financial Law Review (2021 & 2022) - Leading Lawyer (Tier 1) of Guangdong province (M&A, Banking & Finance) of China
- Chambers Asia-Pacific (2020, 2021 & 2022) - Leading Lawyer (Band 2) of Guangdong province (Corporate and Commercial), China Eastern Coast
- All China Lawyers Association (2016) - Leading Lawyer for Cross-Border Belt and Road Projects
- Guangdong Province Lawyers Association (2020) - Leading Lawyer of Foreign-related Practice
- Australia China Alumni Association – Alumni of the year award (final list) (2020); New South Wales alumni of the year award (final list) (2021)
- Online Lecture on “Personal Information Protection Law of China – Key Issues for Foreign Business” held by Zhong Lun Law Firm to foreign clients in 2021
Professional Organisations & Memberships
- Partner of Zhong Lun Law Firm
- Australia & Greater China Legal Co-operative Limited – Co-founder and Director
- Trade Union of Commercial Lawyers of Hong Kong Offices of PRC Law Firms- Promoter
- Guangzhou Lawyers Association - “One Belt One Road” Specialized Committee - Member
|Areas of Expertise|
|Personal Data Protection|
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, College of Law, Sydney, Australia|
Diploma in law, Legal Profession Admission Board of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
LL.M., University of New South Wales, Australia
LL.B., Sun Yat-Sen University, China
|D: +86 20 2826 1786|
|M: +86 139 2891 7500|