Geoff is a partner in MinterEllison's Capital Markets and Corporate Group, specialising in corporate and structured finance. He has advised financiers, PE houses, sponsors and corporate borrowers on a broad range of corporate and finance work including complex and structured syndicated financing arrangements, leveraged acquisitions and capital markets transactions.
Having spent 7 years working in London at a top tier US firm, Geoff has broad experience acting on large multinational financing transactions (governed by both NY law and English law). Geoff also has significant debt capital markets experience, acting on numerous listed and unlisted convertible note, quasi-equity and debt capital markets transactions.
Awards & Recognition
- IFLR1000 – Notable practitioner (Capital Markets: Debt financial and corporate M&A)
- Doyles Leading Banking & Finance Lawyers in Melbourne, 2020 – Recommended
- French Australian Chamber of Commerce speaker – Building Sustainable Businesses (2019)
- University of Melbourne - Sustainable Finance: Trends and Challenges panellist (2019)
- Member of the Asia Pacific Loan Market Association (Australian Branch) (APLMA)
- Member of the Banking & Financial Services Law Association Limited (BFSLA)
|Areas of expertise|
|Finance; corporate finance; leveraged and acquisition finance; debt capital markets; structured finance|
|LLB/Bachelor of Laws, BCOMM/Bachelor of Commerce (Monash University)|
|MSC Finance/Master of Science in Finance (University of London)|
(21) Geoff Earl | LinkedIn