Criminal law, White Collar Crime, Quasi-Criminal matters, Commissions of Inquiry.Qualifications
- BBus (HRM) – (Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management))
- LLB – (Bachelor of Laws)
- Grad Dip Legal Practice
- Grad Cert Legal Studies (Summary Prosecutions)
- Graduate of the Bar Practice Course, Qld
- Certificate of completion (AML Foundations)
Mark has been involved with criminal law since 1996. His career began as a general police officer for the Queensland Police Service before spending the remaining 8 years as a Detective. During this time, he completed his law degree and spent a further 2 years as a prosecutor. After becoming admitted as a solicitor in 2008, he completed the Bar Practice Course. He was quickly employed as a Solicitor for Potts Lawyers and progressed to become a partner and later a Director in 2014.
Mark’s background stems from his extensive experience in a variety of major criminal areas, such as summary matters, sexual offences, internet/computer offences, fraud, major drug offences, assault, murder, money laundering, ASIC, Commonwealth offences and commissions of inquiries.
Mark has completed specialist courses in criminal summary matters, Anti-Money Laundering/ Risk Compliance and appears regularly in all areas of Queensland, Crime Commission hearings, Royal Commissions and is admitted to the High Court of Australia.Memberships
- QLS – Qld Law Society
- ACAMS – Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- ALPMA – Australasian Legal Practice Management Association