Has a strong commercial focus with proven ability to work with key external and internal managers to achieve commercial objectives, is efficient, accurate and comfortable with complexity, supervises teams of lawyers on very complex transactions, and provides practical and precise legal advice to some of Australia's largest companies; and Development and disposal of major property assets, and Commercial and retail leases.Qualifications
Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Admitted to practice in April 1996About James
James has 16 years experience advising clients on their commercial development contracts, contracts of sale, and leases. James' experience includes:
- Accredited specialist in property law by the Law Society of NSW
- Acting for the Charter Hall/CBus Property joint venture the development of 171 Collins St, the first premium office constructed in Melbourne in the last 20 years, and the new BHP Billiton headquarters.
- Acting for Charter Hall in relation to the development of the commercial office building at 685 LaTrobe Street Melbourne.
- Acting for Lend Lease in relation to a strata office development in Collins Street.
- Acting for Grocon on the development of the Carlton Brewery apartments.
- Acting for the developer of the 27 Little Collins Street apartments, and the new Sheraton Hotel.
- Acting for Industry Superannuation Property Trust in relation to the development and leasing of 740 Bourke Street, Docklands, 100 St Georges Terrace, Perth, and 447 Collins Street, Melbourne.
- Acting for Metcash on a range of its Victorian property projects.
- Acting for AMP as landlord in relation to its leasing of 600 Bourke Street, Melbourne and 222 Exhibition Street, Melbourne.
- Acting for GPT in relation to its leasing of 530 Collins Street, Melbourne and Melbourne Central Tower.
- Generally, acting for both tenants and landlords of many industrial, commercial and retail premises.
- Acting for institutional investors and listed property trusts in the purchase of major office buildings including 565 and 569 Collins Street, 222 Exhibition Street, 200 Queen Street, 11 Exhibition Street, 436 St Kilda Road, and the Telstra Office portfolio, valued at over $570 million
- Acting for AMP in relation to the purchase of Ocean Keys Shopping Centre ( a major regional centre in WA) from Coles Myer.
- Acting for the institutional investors and listed property trusts in the sale of buildings including 500 Collins Street, 133 Collins Street, 580 St Kilda Road.
- Acting for Brambles in relation to the purchase and leasing of industrial land throughout Australia including all environmental and contamination aspects.