Gavin is a partner in the Corporate Advisory Team in Sydney.
He brings a wealth of experience having previously acted as a partner of a boutique law firm in Sydney and a principal of a corporate legal practice in Perth.
Gavin regularly acts for listed, public and large proprietary companies.
His expertise includes corporate and commercial law with a particular focus on:
- regulated and private treaty acquisitions, divestments and restructurings;
- fundraising via equity capital markets; and
- domestic and foreign investment.
Gavin is a ‘hands-on’ lawyer who enjoys providing high quality strategic, tactical and practical advice.Qualifications
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) – University of Western Australia
Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – University of Western Australia
Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment – Securities Institute
Master of Laws – University of Sydney
Recent transactions include:
- advising on the sale of Australian Contract Mining Pty Ltd to Westgold Resources Limited (ASX: WGX)
- advising the independent directors of Universal Coal plc (ASX: UNV) on their successful takeover defence of a hostile bid by IchorCoal N.V.
- advising the independent directors of Universal Coal plc on a recommended takeover offer by Coal of Africa Limited (ASX: CZA)
- advising on the sale of Financial Choice Pty Limited to Spring FG Limited (ASX: SFG)