Managing Director of LexisNexis Pacific
Welcome to LexisNexis® new thought leadership series – This Is My MASTERCLASS. This series of virtual events aims to facilitate advanced thinking at the intersection of law and technology.
Will the impact of technology drive change in our court systems? Join us for this LexisNexis Masterclass webinar where we will discuss The Changing Face of the Court System & Impact of Technology on the Law. Our panellists will discuss the rapid response of the courts to COVID-19 through the implementation of technology and how technology plays a key part in improving our justice system.
Meet the panel
Head of Innovation & Engagement, Justice Connect
Senior Lecturer and Director of Disruption, the Law School, University of Western Australia
Executive Manager - Core Product
The panellists will discuss:
- Dealing with the suspension of jury trials and what this mean for the Rule of Law?
- Has the rapid shift online left the courts with long term technical problems?
- Processes that have needed to change to operate in the virtual world (e.g., signatures and witnessing)
- Courts needing to embrace digital remote courts years earlier than planned
- What is the next evolution of the digital environment (e.g., fully virtual organizations, blockchain)? How will it happen?
Join us for the MASTERCLASS, register today.
This webinar will attract 0.5 CPD points in the Competency Area – Professional Skills. If you wish to claim a certificate of attendance, please contact us.