LexisNexis® Research Services
- I forgot my Legal Research password.
- How can I change my password, registered email, or security question?
- I am an IP-fixed client, why am I being asked for a username and password?
- When will I receive my eBook?
- Do you have a search tool that I could use?
1. I forgot my Legal Research password.
If you have linked your email address and security questions to your ID, please follow the steps below. Alternatively, please call 1800 999 906.
2. How can I change my password, registered email, or security question?
Whilst using LNAU you can change your security settings including your password, registered email, and security question.
- Select “Preferences” from the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- On the General tab, select “Change my security settings.”
- Input new information on the fields you want to update.
3. I am an IP-fixed client, why am I being asked for a username and password?
There are a number of steps to take to ensure that you easily access the LexisNexis® Research Services
- Validate your IP range
The first step is to check that the IP address supplied to LexisNexis is correct. You can verify your IP address through our Support Center. If the resulting address differs from the one supplied, please advise Tech Support and we will update our records.
- Enable our sites
Occasionally, firewalls and proxy servers block the validation required for authentication. The following URL’s will need to be authorised by your IT department:
- Clear your browser's cache
Due to the large amount of data within our site occasionally you may receive an application error. To rectify this you will need to clear your browser’s cache.
When browsing the internet, your browser keeps track of the pages you've visited and saves them on your hard disk so they'll load faster when you return to them. This saves you time and money because you can view the saved pages without being connected to the Internet. The saved files, your "temporary Internet files," are stored in your disk cache.
The following sites can guide you through depending on your browser:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
4. When will I receive my eBook?
All eBooks purchased from the eStore will be fulfilled within 72 hours.
- An email with the download link and software installation instructions will be sent to the email address you provided.
- All eBooks purchased as an ‘ebundle’ are fulfilled via a physical scratch code card that is sent with the print book.
- You will be prompted to enter in the answer to your security question.
5. How can I effectively search through the many resources that you have?
We have a broad range of resources to help you find exactly what you need.
- Knoweldge Network
You can find video tutorials, podcasts, guides, tips, and webinars among the assortment of resources carefully mustered in the Knowledge Network
- Legal Research Help Site
Our Legal Research Help site is full of search tips and useful information.