NEW! Volume D — Annotated Legislation to key Acts — available December 2012
This is a comprehensive, detailed and reliable guide to local government, planning and environment law in New South Wales. Designed in a logical, easy-to-use manner, the suite of publications offers all relevant legislation, selected environmental planning instruments, regulations and expert commentary.
From December 2012, the looseleaf will comprise:
Volume A — local government legislation
Volumes B & B1 — planning and environment legislation
Volume C — commentary relating to both Volumes A, B & B1
Volume D — annotations to key Acts in the field of local government, planning and environment law NEW!
The distinguishing features of the service are:
- Volumes A, B & B1 provide easy access to all principal components of planning and environment legislation in NSW along with selected environmental planning instruments and regulations and serve as a handy quick reference copy of all current laws that are relevant to this field. These volumes also include succinct and informative ‘Editorial Notes’ at section level for three of the primary Acts (Local Government Act 1993, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997), written by an expert practitioner in the field, with pinpoint references to relevant regulations and other useful material.
- Volume C provides in depth expert guidance with its comprehensive, detailed and reliable commentary. Topic areas include: functions of local government, actionable rights and liabilities of councils, land use planning, development and building control and many more. The volume is written by expert practitioners in a practical, accessible way to provide invaluable support to the legislation.
- NEW! Volume D provides concise, specific and practical annotations written by expert practitioners in the areas of planning, environment and local government law and complements the more detailed, thematically structured commentary in Volume C. Volume D focuses on distilling the key principles of key cases, identifying related legislation, regulations and ancillary material and providing expert observations on the operation of the legislation. It includes the following legislation:
- Local Government Act 1993;
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979;
- Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997; and
- Land and Environment Court Act 1979 and Land and Environment Court Rules 2007.
|General Editor ||The Hon Justice Brian J Preston
|Subject Area||Environment & Local Government
|Updates||Total of 5 volumes:
Volume A : 1 volume; Volume B and B1: 2 volumes; Volume C: 1 volume; Volume D: 1 volume.
Approx 4-6 updates, per volume, per year plus bulletins. Various purchase options available.
|Charging Method||Charge per issue
|Publication Year ||1992
|Updates||Online; Updated as developments require.
Various purchase options available.
|Publication Year ||1997