Written by leading practitioners and academics, this one-volume work provides commentary and legislation on general and personal bankruptcy. The commentary is closely referenced to the Bankruptcy Act, Regulations and relevant court rules and forms. The commentary also includes references to the Cross-border Insolvency Act. This work is a concise and practical guide to personal bankruptcy in Australia, its administration, proceedings and consequences and includes relevant legislation which is cross-referenced to corresponding commentary.
Bankruptcy Law and Practice provides a quick, practical reference guide to the law of bankruptcy with insightful subject-based commentary and relevant legislation. It caters to both non-specialists and specialist insolvency law practitioners.
It is also a 'go-to' publication which points the user in the right direction for further research such as case law and secondary source material.
• Interpretation and Administrative Matters;
• Causes of Bankruptcy;
• Consequences of Bankruptcy;
• Antecedent Transactions;
• Distribution and Priorities;
• Discharge and Annulment;
• Arrangements without Bankruptcy;
• Trustees; and
• Special Topics.
Bankruptcy Law and Practice also contains relevant primary materials (legislation, rules, forms and precedents) including:
• Bankruptcy Act 1966;
• Bankruptcy Regulations 1996;
• Excerpts of relevant legislation;
• Federal Court (Bankruptcy) Rules 2016;
• Federal Magistrates Court (Bankruptcy) Rules 2016; and
• Australian Financial Security Authority Approved Forms.
• Ideal for use in court with all relevant commentary, legislation, rules and forms in a single volume loose leaf.
• Editorial notes and pin point cross-references to relevant commentary are included with the legislation.
|Author||Garry Bigmore – Reviewing Editor; John Arthur; Christopher Brown; Noel Davis; Brenton Devanny; John Duns; Peter Fary; Jim Johnson; Joshua Kohn; Arthur Korakis; Michael Murray.
|Subject Area||Insolvency & Bankruptcy
|Updates||1 looseleaf volume; approx 4 updates per year.
|Publication Year ||2005
|Updates||Online; updated as developments require.
|Publication Year ||2006