Established more than 15 years ago, Australian Consumer Credit Law is the leading resource in the field and is authored by a team of experts. The commentary makes sense of the new national consumer credit regime, as well as continuing to provide all relevant information on the former state based uniform credit code, providing expert analysis of case law and legislative obligations. Additionally, the work offers all relevant primary materials, including extensive related legislation, selected ASIC regulatory material and industry codes of practice.
Commentary on a range of topics including:
- Application of NCCP Act;
- Responsible Lending;
- Seeking Business;
- Entering the Contract including Dispute Resolution;
- Remedies and Sanctions including Consumer Rights and Remedies;
- ASIC Compliance and Enforcement;
- Related Contracts including Related Mortgages and Continuing Credit Contracts;
- Privacy of Debtor’s Information; and
- Compliance (Making the Code Work).
All relevant primary materials including:
- the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (the NCCP Act) including the National Credit Code and all related legislation and regulations;
- the former Uniform Credit Code with a comparative table;
- ASIC regulatory guides, information sheets and class orders;
- codes of Practice such as the Mutual Banking Code of Practice; and
- other related Commonwealth and state and territory legislation, such as the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 and the Fair Trading Act 1987 (NSW).
For more information please visit: http://www.lexisnexis.com.au/consumercredit
|Author||Beatty, A; Peckham, A; Coburn, T; Daniels, D; Bengttson, M
|Subject Area||Trade Practices, Consumer & Credit Law
|Updates||2 looseleaf volumes; approx 4 updates per year or as otherwise required; available online.
|Publication Year ||2006
|Updates||Online; approx 4 updates a year or as otherwise required; charged annually
|Publication Year ||2009
|Format||iPad and Windows PC