29. September 2011 10:08
Service 38 of Bankruptcy Law and Practice has been released.
Updates to this Service are as follows:
The following chapters have been reviewed and updated:
• Chapter 2: Bankruptcy Practice in the Federal Court of Australia
• Chapter 3: Bankruptcy Practice in the Magistrates’ Court of Australia
• Chapter 5B: Superannuation
• Chapter 5C: Taxation
• Chapter 10: Bankruptcy Notices
• Chapter 16: Committees of Inspection
• Chapter 40: Offences
• Chapter 42: Service
• Bankruptcy Regulations Schedule 1 Form 1 has been reissued
• Bankruptcy (Registration Charges) Act 1997 has been removed
• Bankruptcy (Estate Charges) (Amount of Charge Payable) Determination 2010 has been superseded by Bankruptcy (Estate Charges) (Amount of Charge Payable) Determination 2011
• Transitional Provisions of the Evidence Act 1995 have been removed
• Bankruptcy (Fees and Remuneration) Determination 2010 (No 2) is amended by Bankruptcy (Fees and Remuneration) Determination 2010 (No 2) Amendment Determination 2011 (No 1)
The following forms have been updated:
• Form 6 reissued
• Form 8 reissued
• Form 14 issued
• Form 18 reissued
8. October 2010 11:18
The Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia has released the provisional personal insolvency statistics for the quarter ending September 2010.
They show that total personal insolvency activity (ie bankruptcies, part IX debt agreements, and Part X arrangements) decreased by 11.85% on the same quarter in 2009. They also show a small increase since the end of the June 2010 quarter in debt agreements and personal insolvency agreements.
This report, and other reports and statistics, can be accessed from the ITSA site.
For commentary regarding bankruptcy and personal insolvency, subscribers are referred to Bankruptcy Law and Practice.